As skin ages, production of collagen and elastin which give the skin its strength and elasticity reduces. The repetition of skin creasing by our expressions breaks collagen and can create permanent lines.
Anti-Wrinkle injections are an effective, non-surgical muscle relaxant that allow the skin and collagen to repair. The treatment blocks signals from the nerves to the muscles. The injected muscle can no longer contract which causes the wrinkles to relax and soften, leaving the skin smoother.
Anti-wrinkle injections have been one of the world’s safest and most popular treatments for over 25 years, and has fast become the ultimate non-surgical treatment option. The best part is, Anti-Wrinkle Treatments can treat so much more that what you think. Excessive sweating, migraine headaches and muscle spasms can all be controlled by the treatment. At Lilly Cosmetic Clinic we utilise a unique application technique that effectively transforms your appearance with virtually no pain or bruising, so that you leave looking and feeling great.
The areas that can be treated can include (but are not limited to);
- Forehead creases
- Glabella - Frown Lines
- Crows Feet - The crinkles at the sides of your eyes
- Bunny Lines - lines on the bridge of the nose, or down the side of the nose, usually caused by squinting
- Mouth Frown Lines - the downturned corners of the mouth
- Smoker's Lines - lines on the top lip
- Gummy Smile - Excessive upper gum when smiling
- Canine Smile - Pulling down of the lower lip when smiling
- Dimpled Chin - Indentations on the chin
- Masseter Muscles - Due to jaw clenching and/or grinding
- Facial Slimming
- Neck Bands - Horizontal creases around the neck
- Excessive Sweating - Hyperhidrosis, excessive sweating under the arms, on the hands, feet or in the groin
- Calf Slimming - to reduce muscle bulk on the calf
- Lip Flip - to enhance the upper lip without needing to use Dermal Filler
- Brow Lift
- Migraines and Headaches
How many treatments will I need?
The effects of Anti-Wrinkle last approximately 3-4 months. The more Anti-Wrinkle treatments you have, the longer the effects last. If you are regular with topping up your injections (every three months), you will notice that you will be able to start spacing your appointments out to 4-5 months, then 5-6 months. However, this required regular top-ups for at least 12 months time.
Is there any down-time?
For Anti-Wrinkle injections, there is no down-time. The procedure takes approximately 30-45 minutes altogether, including consultation. You can return to work immediately after if you plan on having your treatment in your lunch break.
The only thing you must avoid is exercise for the next 24 - 48 hours post treatment. This is to ensure you do not sweat out any of the product via the pores.
Are there any side effects?
Most side effects are rare, the main one's that are more common include; redness, swelling and bruising. However, these are also quite rare, and fade over a few hours - days.
*Treatment cost is dependant of the amount of units required. The price stated is the starting price. Contact one of our friendly team members to discuss how many units you may require, and what the possible cost may be.